So I finally had finished the piecing on my Easy Street by Bonnie Hunter last year, but then it languished in the UFO Bin until two weeks ago.
With the new quilting machine, it means that I could finally get it quilted and ready for me to snuggle under it this winter.
I finished the quilting last week, trying my hand out at some free form flowers…that need a little work as you can see 🙂 The pantograph that I used in the border although you can’t really see it, came out perfectly.
This morning I cut the binding, and hope to get it on there and sewed down by the end of the week.
I also got this unusual quilt into the frame. We do historical re-enactment with the Society for Creative Anachronism, and this quilt uses the elements of my device. It isn’t historically accurate for how quilting was done then, but it looks awesome laying on my camp bed.
I’ve got to figure out how I am going to quilt it, but it will be ready for me to start on as soon as I’ve bound up Easy Street.